Monday, January 7, 2013

Two Thousand Thirteen – A Time for New Beginnings


Having been sick most of the Christmas and New Year holidays, I was finding it hard to muster up the enthusiasm for New Year resolutions or promises. However, now that the sinus fog has lifted, I’d like to share a couple of things I’m looking forward to in 2013.

New Life. It seems like everyone I know is expecting a baby this year. My best friend from childhood, my best friend from college, two co-workers, and my sister-in-law who is expecting TWINS! (Fun fact – ALL but one of these expecting Momma’s will be having boys. Baby Boy Boom, anyone?!) This seems to be the year for new life, and I feel lucky that I will get to witness such a happy time in these families lives. Let the baby shower’s begin!



New Challenge. It’s been nine, yes, NINE full years since I've played an official game of basketball. Writing that still doesn't seem right, but I guess it really has been that long since I graduated from high school…Anyway, I’m so happy and proud to be part of a newly founded Women’s Basketball League in St. Mary’s County. Though we technically began our season at the end of 2012, the majority of the games are going to be played over the next two and a half months. I can’t think of a better way to journey into 2013 than by rediscovering my love for the game and hopefully getting back into shape along the way!



New Faith. Ok, technically it’s not a new faith for me, but I am excited and somewhat nervous to be restoring my Catholic Faith. Growing up I was immersed in the Catholic faith while attending a Catholic School from Pre-K to 8th Grade, but once I left for high school and college, I found myself slipping away from the Church and losing my faith. Over the years I would attend mass sporadically and found myself praying only in my times of extreme need. Now how selfish is that? I expect God to be there for me when I’m desperate and then forget about him when everything is sailing smoothly? No, it shouldn't be like that. This is why I have started a new journey this year, by restoring my faith in the Catholic religion.



New Work. Finally, I am certain that 2013 is going to bring a surge of new creativity and work. Point Breeze Cottage was started as a way to sell our teams unique finds and re-fabulous furniture and home décor pieces, and we are hoping to refine our skills and increase the number of large ticket items that we sell. This unusually warm winter weather has sparked our “picking spirits” recently, leaving us yearning for yard and estate sales. We are all looking forward to getting back into our picking swing and to tapping into our creative sides this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS