Sunday, November 4, 2012

Playing Dress Up

Pinterest has introduced me to many crafts, projects and ideas that seem so obvious, but that I've never considered or thought about. And as Halloween rolled around this year, I couldn't help but notice all of the costume ideas that seemed so easy and fun.

Bubba and I like to think outside of the box when it comes to Halloween and our costumes and this year was no different. We actually didn't even attend a Halloween party, but a surprise birthday party that doubled as a costume party. Since it happened to be the weekend after Halloween, it fit.

We narrowed our costume options down to Mary Poppins and Bert (as we saw on Keiko Lynn.com), Katniss and Peeta from one of my favorite trilogy of books,The Hunger Games, and Flo from the Progressive commercials and Mayhem from the All State commercials. But, we finally agreed on Forrest and Jenny from Forrest Gump.


And what a cheap costume it was too. My Jenny costume consisted of a vintage dress and funky-furry coat from the thrift shop, lots of 70's style jewelry compliments of my flower-child sister, a brown belt from my closet, a center part in my hair and a lot of heavy eye make-up. Bubba's costume was only a pair of khaki's and old grey sneakers from his wardrobe, a vintage short sleeved, button up, blue shirt from the thrift shop and a surprisingly nice (and extremely fitted) khaki dress jacket, also from the thrift shop, and a fresh hair cut.

The only thing I wish we'd had was a box of chocolates! Anyone out there dress up as something unique this year for Halloween? We'd love to hear about it, just leave us a comment.

Oh and just for kicks, can you guess who we were for Halloween two years ago? Here is a hint..."Ohhhhh, Al!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS