Friday, November 2, 2012

A Thankful November

Even though we should be thankful for our blessings all 365 days of the year, November is typically the time of year where we voice our said thanks. And it's no different at PBC! My friends and family on both Facebook and Instagram all seem to be doing a daily post of what they are thankful for, and it inspired me to do the same.

Working for a Government Contractor, I have a compressed work schedule (CWS) where I work 9 hours a day and have off every other Friday. As I sit here, on my Friday off, blogging away with my 8 month old beagle puppy curled up next to me, head in my lap, I'm realizing how thankful I am for her.


Say hello to Harper Hill, my sweet baby girl! I am so thankful for Harper; She came into my life exactly when I needed her. Struggling through anxiety and panic attacks in the middle of February 2012, I was unsure of everything around me. Then, on February 27th, my in-laws called to say that one of their hunting dogs gave birth to a litter of puppies. Never having actually seen a new born puppy, I agreed to go visit with the new mom and her babies.


I couldn't believe how tiny they were! We went to visit and play with the pups a couple times a week and I became awfully attached to the runt of the litter, who was all black with a itsy-bitsy white triangle on her neck. The older they got, and the more my father-in-law talked about finding homes for them, the more I thought...maybe we should take her home?

It's nearly impossible for me to make a decision, but with the encouragement of my husband, Bubba, we decided to make her a part of our family. We named her Harper, picked her up at 7 weeks, and the rest is history.

She is hyper. She is small. And she is Love. She was exactly what I needed to get through my hard times, and truly believe she was and is the best therapy of all. Here are a couple of my favorite pictures of little Miss Harper, who I am forever thankful for!

 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS