Saturday, September 14, 2013

Home Decor: Interior Shutters & Roses

The Southern Maryland heat and humidity finally broke *knock-on-wood* and I was able to open the house up for the first time in months! With a high temperature in the 70's you really couldn't ask for a better day. The sky was clear, the breeze was cool, and the house was finally open. Which made me realize, this was also the first time I completely opened our new interior shutters to let the air circulate in the house. 

The lighting isn't the best, but at least you can see how they look pulled back AND the view of St. Clements Island and the Potomac River.



On another note, did you know that this is the time of year that newer-breed roses put on one last and final show for the year? I didn't either, until I saw my knockout roses in full bloom last night and asked my mom if that was normal. And of course it's normal, and apparently common knowledge...whoops! Anyway, I picked a couple of the sweet, pink blooms, popped them in a mason jar, and ta-da: a beautiful accent for the living room, at least for a couple of days.




They add a soft, feminine feel to the deer antler display, don't you think? Are your rose bushes putting on one last show before the cooler weather sets in? Snip a couple and add a quick, beautiful touch of color to your home decor!


1 comment:

  1. Your way of describing the information is very interesting. And your whole article is very good. Thanks for share..
    Basswood Shutters

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS