Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weekend Finds!

It's no secret, I love a good yard sale. And even though we haven't been to many this summer, we did venture out this past weekend to see what thrifty finds were out there. The town of La Plata in Charles County, MD held their community yard sale on Saturday, so we woke up early and made the drive North.

While I didn't find anything for our Etsy Shop, I did find quite a few little nick-knacks for myself! Check 'em out:

J.Crew navy blue maxi dress - $1.00 (best buy of the day!!), Multi-color faux pearl necklace - $1.00, Orange mini-watering can/planter - $0.25, Like-new garden snips - $1.00, Black and White New York skyline decorative plate (that will match my bathroom decor PERFECTLY) - $0.25

Technically, I only found the teapot this weekend, the groovy glass was from last summer. BUT they both have the 1950's vibe I'm looking for when I finally get around to re-doing my kitchen. How cute is this teapot though?! So retro, and only $2.00 I believe...
That old saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure," sure is true. You never know what you'll find at a yard sale, I think that is why they are so addictive - You're always hunting for your next big discovery! Most of the time, when we find vintage glassware or unique home decor items, we list them on Etsy and sell them to shoppers out there who don't have the time to search for these rare finds or don't live in an area where they have access to such things. Our shop is currently empty, BUT I am hoping to have several new and beautiful crystal decanters and a couple other serving pieces listed by the end of the week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS