Thursday, June 21, 2012

Colorful Glass

What is it about colored glass that makes me so giddy? When I pause for a moment to consider how all the lovely glass in the world is made, I’m in awe. In the simplest terms: melted sand = glass. Amazing! My daughters are always telling me at yard and estate sales to “WALK AWAY FROM THE GLASS”…(I have too many pieces as it is, but so many colors, shapes, styles, uses, what’s a glass junkie to do?)
Trying to research this lovely blue cream and sugar set has proved to be more difficult than I imagined. I haven’t been able to find one EXACTLY like it, but there are similar ones out there. The age of the set is truly unknown to us, but the condition is excellent. Describing this set as cobalt would be “close” to the truth, but when I look at it I see blue glass a shade lighter than cobalt, it truly is an exquisite color.




Not a coffee drinker or a tea totaler? Have you ever considered that this set could be used for more than cream and sugar? How about for bathroom necessities such as cottonballs and q-tips in the lidded sugar bowl? Or the creamer to corral your tweezers and make up brushes? This vibrant and happy blue would most certainly bring a touch of class to your vanity space while also adding that one of a kind re-purposed look everyone is after today.  Another use I thought of while admiring this set was that it could be used on a desk as a unique and beautiful way to organize pens and pencils, paper clips, stamps, and other whatnots.
These are just a few of the ideas I have for this lovely cream and sugar set.  If you have an idea on how you would use them, please let us know! We’d love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS